Saturday, August 27, 2011

After the storm

We've had a crazy week here. First there was the 5.9 earthquake on Tuesday. I was driving to work and didn't feel a thing. Husband called me and said "Did you feel that?" and I was oblivious. Husband said the whole house shook for about a minute. The only damage we sustained was the DVD player falling off the top of the TV in Husband's office. I must admit, I am jealous of Husband and all those who felt it. They can say they've been in an earthquake! To be honest, I was hoping for an aftershock or two, just so I could be part of the earthquake club. Unfortunately, no such luck. Sigh. (Now, before you think I am completely crazy, I understand that earthquakes are horrible and can be deadly. I don't want to experience that type of earthquake. I just thought that because this one was so small and there was little damage, it would be a cool experience.)

Today it was pretty windy and rainy all day. The result of Hurricane Irene, or so I've been told by the weather alerts for our area. Thankfully we are far enough inland that we only got high wind and rain. No damage around here that I know of, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are tree branches all over the road tomorrow. As the sun was setting, the sky was so beautiful that I had to pull out my camera and take pictures. I love after storm skies! They are gorgeous!

P.S. We are praying for all our friends in Irene's way. Stay safe!






No comments: