Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm at it again!

Last week I came across a blog that inspired me to drag out my trusty glue gun and get crafty. Loyal readers will know that this is a rare occurrence and seldom ends well. But, since I don't start my job for another 2 weeks, and my house stays relatively clean (no kids around to mess up it), I thought it would be a great way to pass the time. The blog was about how to make a rope bowl (click here for the blog). Now, I don't need another bowl, but after seeing this blog I wanted one. So today I gathered up the supplies, popped You've Got Mail into the DVD player, and started crafting away. By the time Frank was telling Kathleen that she was a lone reed, I was half-way finished. As Kathleen was arguing with Joe about caviar, I was gluing the last piece into place, and burning my finger in the process (I would also like to add that it was the ONLY time I burned myself!). Like I said, I don't need another bowl and I have no idea what I am going to do with this one, but that doesn't really matter. What matters is I made it. And I'm proud of myself for that! Watch out world! I have a glue gun and I'm not afraid to use it; well once every 6 months or so!




Before:


After:


2 comments:

Ambler Fam said...

very cute Michelle way to go!!

Ash Kelley said...

Hey michelle, thank you so much for telling me about joining a CSA and that link! I've never even heard of it before and am so excited that we have some here! And there is now one from Houston that will deliver there meat to Austin! You're the best! Thanks again so so much!!