Friday, June 26, 2009

Deep, dark secret revealed

Last night, Michael Jackson died. If you haven't heard this news yet, you are probably living in a cave somewhere in New Mexico! Why am I writing about this? Well, my dear readers, you are about to become privy to one of my deepest, darkest secrets: Michael Jackson was my first crush. I was 8 years old, and I was sitting in a friend's bedroom. She had a poster of a young Michael Jackson on her wall. I had no idea who he was (No I hadn't been living in a cave in New Mexico, but we had just moved from Utah. Infer what you will from that statement!). I remember thinking he was one of the most handsome guys I had ever seen and I knew I was in love. In the years that followed that moment (It's none of your business as to how many years it has been!) whenever I heard a Michael Jackson song, saw him on TV, or on a tabloid in the supermarket check-out, my mind would travel back to that poster and the memory of my very first crush. I have to wonder what will happen to this memory once all this media hoopla calms down. He will no longer be on TV or in the tabloids, so there will be fewer opportunities to draw this memory to the surface. Thank goodness they will still play his music, and the memory of my first crush will survive.

3 comments:

Roeckers said...

I never had a crush on the man, but he was the composer of my first CD! I remember listening to his album over and over again.

Jocelyn said...

you are too funny!
You should take the quiz on facebook about what Michael Jackson song you are!

Travis and Mardi said...

Ew.
Did you still think he was a cutie after his nose fell off?