Thursday, February 12, 2009

Silent Night...

Sitting at dinner last night, I must have been talking a bit too much because my husband looked at me and said "I bet you $100 you can't go the whole night without talking to me." I have never been one to back down from a challenge, so I looked him in the eye and said "What are the rules?" After establishing the rules, the game began. It was Wednesday and we watch American Idol on Wednesday nights. Have you ever tried to not say a word during that show?? It is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do! The highlight of then night came when I walked into the living room with a bowl of ice cream and my husband turned to me and said, all hurt, "You didn't even ask me if I wanted some?" I looked at him and hopefully communicated with my eyes the following incredulous response "Are you serious? You are the one who started this whole no talking thing, and now you are hurt because I didn't ask you if you wanted some ice cream?" I probably didn't succeed. I have never been very good at communicating with my eyes! A number of times last night, my husband stated that he didn't like the silence. I just smiled and continued my silence. Four hours after starting Husband received an email regarding his future employment that required us to discuss it, so all bets were off. I am sad that I wasn't able to go the whole night without talking. If it wasn't for that stupid email I would be the proud owner of new shoes (that's where the $100 was going to go!). I am pretty sure I will never get this opportunity again, as my husband now knows that I can be quiet if the price is right!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

I totally would have written him a note saying that if he wanted to talk about the job stuff, then he had to concede that you won the challenge and to give you $100!!!!! :)

SongbirdMama said...

Ha ha ha ..... I agree with Alicia

Ashley said...

Agreed as well. Ha! That's way funny. I bet I couldn't have done it. I'm thoroughly impressed.

Karen said...

I agree with everyone, I say you won that bet!! I would collect my winnings if I were you...