Monday, January 19, 2009

Good bye, Babe!

My sister Mandy (I call her Babe. No one is really sure where that nickname came from. I think it started around the time the movie Babe came out. You remember that one? With the pig? You can draw your own conclusions!) is leaving tomorrow to serve a mission in Arizona for our church. She will be gone for 18 months. This makes me happy and very sad. I am so happy that she is going to serve her mission. She actually got her call about 9 months ago, but had some medical issues that had to be sorted through. Now she is good to go. I love my sister dearly. We talk on the phone almost everyday (I think the longest we went without speaking was when I was on my honeymoon and most recently when Husband and I were on our cruise and didn't have cell phone reception!), and if you saw our wall-to-wall on facebook, you would be astonished at the number of posts between us!

I think I am going to go through some serious withdrawal without her around. I am glad she is going, but the selfish part of me wants her to stay.

Good luck on your mission, Babe. May God bless you and keep you safe! I love you and I will see you in 18 months!

Making apple pie, Christmas 2007



Swimming at Park Lake, May 2007

Mandy was my maid of honour. She was so good at it that she even suffered a physical injury to fulfill her duties!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm going to miss her too. *single tear