Monday, December 21, 2020

The Ocean is calling and I must go

We've lived in Southern California for about 18 months but had yet to go to Los Angeles. After our visit to Solvang, we decided to drive down the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) to the land of the stars. If you haven't driven the PCH, put it on your bucket list and start planning a trip. We only drove a small portion of the highway, but the drive was incredible. The internet recommends driving the highway north to south so you can be on the same side as the ocean. I echo this recommendation. Although there are pull outs and view points along the way, we decided not to stop at any of them. These pictures were taken from the car. 








We made our way to Zuma Beach in Malibu (the TV show "Baywatch" often filmed at this beach). Despite living in California, we have been to the beach only a couple times since moving here--partly because the nearest beach is over 2.5 hours away from us and partly because of COVID (Thanks 2020). I grew up on the prairies with the Rocky Mountains pretty much in my backyard and while I love the prairies and the mountains, I have a deep love for the beach. If I had to choose between the three, I would be hard pressed to pick a favourite. I absolutely love sinking my toes in the sand and hearing the waves roar.

After our stop at Zuma Beach, we continued down the PCH to Malibu Pier. The beaches and the pier were pretty deserted. I imagine during non-COVID times, these places are usually packed. It was nice to kind of have the places to ourselves, but it was sad that we weren't able to spend more time at them. I can't wait to go back and actually enjoy the beach and pier experience. 
















No comments: