Friday, January 25, 2013

Snow Day

Last week, we finally got some snow here in Central Virginia and what a snow it was! Beautiful, large flakes of wet, wonderful snow. I can say that because I was home, cozy, warm and safe, when the snow started. Also, I did not have to go to work the next day (definitely one of the perks of working for a teacher!). From what the news said, it wasn't so wonderful for those who had to venture out during the snow, or even after. It had rained non-stop for 4 days leading up to the snow, so ice on the roads caused plenty of problems. Unlike last year's snow, this snow stuck around for a couple of days! I was so excited to wake up and see snow still on the ground.

Here are some pictures from a walk we took the morning after the snow. There is a path near us that follows a stream. It is pretty walk any time of year, but I think it is especially pretty covered in snow.

As I am posting this, it is snowing again (for the second time in 8 days!). That's more than it snowed all of last winter!






No comments: