Sunday, November 9, 2014

Guilty

On the morning of Halloween I posted this status on my facebook page:

"Just walked into Walmart where my ears were assaulted with Christmas music. Halloween isn't over yet! One holiday at a time please people! One holiday at a time!"

Comments on the status were mixed. Some people agreed with me, while others thought it was wonderful. Someone (who will remain nameless!) even went so far as to call me a Grinch (don't worry, I knew it was all in good fun)!

I would like the record to show I am not a Grinch and I am just as guilty as the next person when it comes to starting Christmas a bit early. Tonight Husband was at work/church, and I decided to restock our supply of frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. "What?" you say, "You can freeze PB&Js?!?" Oh yes you can! It is amazing. Husband takes PB&Js every Sunday to church/work and let me tell you, having some in the freezer has made my Sunday mornings easier. Find all the information you need about freezing these sandwiches here. Anyway, I digress. Back to my "not a Grinch" post. I decided that I needed some music to keep me company while making the sandwiches so I logged onto Pandora. For some unknown reason, I was overcome with a great desire to listen to Christmas music. Before I knew what was happening, I had clicked on a Christmas radio station and sounds of Michael Buble singing "Let it snow" filled my kitchen. For the next 30 minutes, I put together sandwiches while singing along to Christmas music. And you know what? It wasn't all that bad. In fact, I actually enjoyed it. I enjoyed it so much that the music is still playing while I type this post.

See? I like Christmas as much as the next person, but I do prefer to wait at least until sometime in November to start listening to the music. I'm not ready to put up my tree (those who put their tree up in November are just plain crazy. Yes, I'm talking to you CR and NP!), but I think there is something to this whole listening to Christmas music after Halloween. Now to find a way to convince Husband of the same thing...

No comments: