Saturday, January 18, 2014

Compliment Jar

It was my employer's birthday last week and I wanted to have her daughters give her a present that would be meaningful and that she would enjoy. I wanted it to be something that they made themselves (for those of you who don't know, I work as a nanny). I searched pinterest for "mother's day gift ideas" and saw some great things, many of which were outside of my crafting ability. But when I saw this compliment jar, I knew it would be perfect. I had each girl write out things they liked about their mother or things that their mother did that they were thankful for. The idea was that when she was having a rough day, she could pull out a stick and be cheered up! She loved it and the girls loved doing it. They asked me this week if they could add more sticks to the jar!  Of course I said "yes".




No comments: