Sunday, November 6, 2011

Football!

Who goes to a football game in November? Crazy people that's who! This weekend we attended a football game at Husband's university. Our good friends were brave enough to join us. Despite the cold, the game was a lot of fun. It was military appreciation day at the stadium and I have to say I was very impressed. The half-time show was dedicated to saluting those men and women who bravely fought and continue to fight for freedom. It was a nice way to honour those have served in the military.

On a side note, I think this is proof that I have become a wimp since moving to the States. I remember going to football games at night...in the snow...in Canada and not freezing as much as I did at this game. Maybe I've become a wimp or maybe I am just getting old (I don't think my age is a factor because I am only 23!).




We cheered for the team in red (and they won!)







At the end of the half-time presentation, they had these people recreate the famous picture from the Battle of Iwo Jima


Colour Guard


The half-time show included a 21 gun salute

We don't look that cold, do we? Actually, it wasn't until about half way through the 4th quarter that I really started feeling the cold. I'd say I held up pretty well!

2 comments:

The Lawlor's said...

Michelle, this is SUCH a GREAT picture of you and Ryan...but mostly you! Your hair looks beautiful and you look happy. And warm..you really don't look cold.

Mindy Percival said...

I echo what the last commenter said...you look hot!