Monday, September 13, 2010

"Paid in full"

I just got off the phone with the Student Loan Centre. I phoned them so I could pay off the balance of my student loan! What a great day! Woo-hoo! This is my last loan (when I graduated I had 4 different loans because they changed the loan system half-way through my degree). I've had this loan from the start and it was by far the largest. It has taken me just over 6 years to pay everything off (although I've been graduated for longer than 6 years, I've only been paying the loans for that long). Husband has been most understanding about my loans. He entered the marriage with zero debt, and willingly took on my student loan debt (and believe me when I say it was a lot of debt!) without complaint. At times I felt bad that his pay was going towards MY loan, but he would always remind me that it was OUR debt now (and besides, with my pay it would take me 10 more years to pay it off). Well, now it's no body's debt! It's gone (unless the person I spoke to is incompetent and screwed something up)! What a great feeling to know that my student loans have been "paid in full"!

6 comments:

Roeckers said...

Sweet!!
YAH YOU!!
Now you will have a little extra money in the pocket.

Alicia said...

That ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! So, now that you are 'paid in full' do you want to pay our car loan?!?! ;)

CS said...

congratulations! what a wonderful feeling of freedom that must give you. Now go buy yourself a present. lol

The Spencers said...

Time to celebrate!! That's awesome, way to go! Hey thanks for your comment on my post. I totally agree with you and it's amazing how many parents think I'm crazy! Good thing it doesn't bother me, because when their kids are up till 10-11pm mine are all snuggled in bed sleeping, while we have the evening together! Anyways, thanks!

Andrea said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

ryanmiles82 said...

Holy really cow!! Congrats! only six years, eh?! That really IS an accomplishment. Probably not too many people can say they were able to do that!! Wah-hoo!