Friday, February 15, 2019

Anchorage trip

Last weekend I went to Anchorage. A friend was getting a big promotion at work and I went down to celebrate with him and his family (because this is a public blog, I won't post any pictures of the promotion ceremony, as the pictures would show his name, and where he worked. That seems like too much personal information to put on a public blog post). It was great to be there to share in a such important event with some wonderful people. It was also great to be in civilization again! Long time readers will be shocked to read that I spent 4 days in Anchorage and didn't step foot in Target. I was just too busy having fun with great friends. On one of the days we headed to the Wildlife Conservation Center. This is hands down my favourite place to visit in Anchorage. If you ever find yourself in Anchorage, make sure you visit this place. You won't regret it!








Because it is winter, we thought that the bears would be hibernating. The bear cub and the black bears were sleeping in their dens, but much to our surprise, the brown bears were out and about. A worker told us that the bears will sleep through most of the winter, but that they will wake up for a couple days here and there. We got lucky and caught them on a day they were awake and out playing. One bear had some fun playing with a chunk of ice.










We even spotted a couple of wild eagles in the trees above the wolf enclosure! It doesn't matter how many times I see an eagle, I still get excited. It never gets old.







No comments: