Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day eh!

In honour of Canada Day I thought I would post my all time favourite Canadian commercial. I love this commercial for a number of reasons, but mostly I love it because I can relate. Every time I tell an American I am from Canada, they, without fail, proceed to make some joke about Canada or Canadians, complete with a really bad imitation of a Canadian accent and the word "eh" thrown in at the end. I have no idea what compels Americans to do this. I can't help but wonder if it is written in the Constitution somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I love Americans. I made the choice to live here. It's just that sometimes the mocking gets old. If I wanted to hear really bad Canadian accents all the time, I'd live in Ontario! This post is dedicate to all my hockey-loving, curling-watching, maple-eating, toque-wearing Canadian friends and family living in the States who have to endure the mocking by Americans. May we each find our own way to exact revenge.


4 comments:

Alicia said...

I want an attack beaver!!!! Very funny commercial!

The Fisher Family said...

I can't believe you went as far to mock us Ontarioites!!!!!! You know you love us and our accents! Love you!

Maja said...

This post was hilarious Michelle! And I loved the commercial.

Samber said...

Yer funny, eh?