Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Husband to the rescue!

As I write this post, Husband is wandering around a local grocery store, trying to find steak for dinner tonight. Why is he doing this? Well, to be honest, it's because I am an idiot! Here's the story: on my way home from work today, I stopped by the store to pick up meat for dinner. After carefully examining the steaks and determining the best ones for the best price, I gathered up a few other things and went to check out. Because I am impatient, I like to use the self check-outs. I scanned the meat and put it in a bag, then got another bag to put the rest of the groceries in (After watching many a-bagger bag my groceries, I have learned to never, ever let meat go in the same bag as anything else). After scanning and paying, I grabbed my bag and walked out the door. At home, I went to put the meat in the fridge, and guess what! Yep. No meat. I had left it at the store! Instead of grabbing two bags, I only grabbed one! That's where the idiot part comes in. It was 3:05. I had a doctor's appointment at 3:30,and a 15 minute drive to get there. The store is 20 minutes away in the opposite direction. Quick phone call to the store revealed that I had definitely left the meat there. A quick phone call to Husband and a pick-up was planned: Husband would stop after work and pick up the meat. Now, husband is at the store trying to sort the whole mess out (He is in his ACUs and he HATES going out in dressed for work so for him to stop is a big deal). Apparently, in the 70 minutes between my trip and Husband's arrival, they sold out of the steak I had purchased, so now Husband is trying to find steak of equal quality for equal price. This involves multiple phone calls to me, a chat with the butcher and the help of the store manager.

Update: Husband just walked in with a more expensive steak, because that was all they had left. The best part: They didn't even charge him for the difference! I should leave steak at the store more often!

1 comment:

Joe and Kara said...

At least your mistake was solved. My mistake today involved letting some guy return batteries without a receipt only to catch him with another cashier doing the same thing a few hours later. He actually had grabbed 3 packs the third time around and had changed the refund receipt to look like a purchase receipt. Man am I ever ticked off at myself.